Chemistry Major and Chemical Engineering Dual Degree (Comprehensive)
UW-Superior (UWS) and University of Minnesota, Duluth (UMD) have an articulation agreement where a student can complete a UWS Chemistry BS and a UMD Chemical Engineering BS ChE, by completing approximately 3 years of coursework at UWS and an additional 2 years at UMD.
Complete the UWS University Studies requirements (42 credits). (This will satisfy the UMD Liberal Education and advanced writing requirements.)
|UWS core Chemistry courses (45 credits)|
|CHEM 105||General Chemistry I 1||5.00|
|CHEM 106||General Chemistry II||4.00|
|CHEM 107||Supplementary Problems in General Chemistry II 2||1.00|
|CHEM 305||Quant Analysis Lecture||3.00|
|CHEM 306||Quantitative Analysis Laboratory||2.00|
|CHEM 320||Organic Chemistry Lecture I||3.00|
|CHEM 321||Organic Chem Lecture II||3.00|
|CHEM 322||Organic Chemistry Lab I||1.00|
|CHEM 323||Organic Chemistry Lab II||1.00|
|CHEM 327||Molecular Spectroscopy I||1.00|
|MATH 240||Calculus and Analytic Geometry I 1||4.00|
|MATH 241||Calculus and Analytic Geometry II||4.00|
|MATH 242||Calculus and Analytic Geometry III||4.00|
|PHYS 201||Calculus-Based Physics I 1||5.00|
|PHYS 202||Calculus-Based Physics II||5.00|
Complete the course with a C+ or better.
A Cumulative GPA of 3.0+ at the time of transfer to UMD.
Remaining UWS Chemistry major courses (12 credits) to be fulfilled by taking required UMD Chemical Engineering courses.
|CHEM 345||Physical Chemistry Lect I||4.00|
|CHEM 360||Introduction to Biochemistry||3.00|
|CHEM 365||Descriptive Inorganic Chemistry||3.00|
|CHEM 497||Senior Seminar In Chemistry||1.00|
|CHEM 491||Senior Research||1.00-4.00|
- See the Articulation Agreement.
- It is recommended that students complete UMD ChE 2111 or 2211 Material and Energy Balances through cross-registration during their third year at UWS.
- The remaining required UMD Chemical Engineering coursework is 58-59 credits.
- The UWS residency requirement (last 12 credits to be completed at UWS) is waived.
- Students must notify the UWS Registrar's office when their UMD Chemical Engineering degree is completed to have their UWS Chemistry Major conferred.