The mission of Technology Services is to provide accessible, reliable, convenient, and secure technology for the purpose of empowering the UW-Superior community to use technology in teaching, learning, research, creative activity, and service.
Please visit the Technology Services website here for a complete list of the services and systems that are provided or contact the Technology Help Desk at 715-394-8300, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by Swenson Hall 2100 with any technology questions you may have.
Organization and Services
Technology Services consists of three units: Professional Services and Support, Infrastructure and Security, and Application Development. The Outreach Program Manager works across these units developing and implementing training and strategic communications including publishing the monthly Technology Newsletter.
Professional Services and Support provides a variety of services and facilities for students, faculty, and staff to effectively use current and emerging technology solutions. This unit supports several functions including::
- Technology Help Desk: The central contact point for all technology issues and questions. Students, faculty, and staff also can borrow computers and other technology tools in support of academics and access a library of training materials at no charge.
- Classroom Technology: Installation and maintenance of classroom presentation and videoconferencing equipment and provides training in the effective use of these technologies.
- ResNet: Students living in the residence halls are supported by ResNet including data services and technical support.
- Endpoint Support: Technology hardware and software support.
- Technology Purchasing: Consults on and processes campus technology purchases to ensure compatibility with our systems and compliance with the procurement rules of the State of Wisconsin and UW System.
Infrastructure and Services is responsible for providing highly available, high quality access to the University's electronic resources and the internet. This includes maintaining the systems that support email, access to the internet, wireless coverage and the security systems that protect the campus network and desktop systems. This unit is also responsible for cybersecurity including development and implementation of policies.
- System Administration: Deploys and maintains campus centralized computing resources, servers, and storage devices to ensure high availability and security of supported university applications. This includes, but is not limited to email, campus logins, and campus-wide software updates.
- Network Administration: Manage and maintain campus wired and wireless networks, VPN services, and networking devices to ensure high availability and security of the campus network for all members of the campus community.
- Information Security: Manage campus network and server security. Enact and assist with the creation of security policy on campus, prepare security reports for administration and audits, ensure swift and accurate response to information security events, run regular tests of network security, and organize the remediation of information security improvements.
Application Development is responsible for the development and maintenance of applications, systems, and integrations essential to the operation of the University. These applications include the student information system (E-hive/PeopleSoft), the document management system (ImageNow), and others. The unit works closely with student support offices to provide software programming and technical support for students and faculty. They also work with University Relations to maintain the website and intranet.
Use of technology resources is governed by the policies of UW-Superior Technology Services, the University of Wisconsin System, the Board of Regents, and by Federal and State laws. Failure to comply with policies and guidelines can result in loss of access privileges, university disciplinary action, and/or criminal prosecution. View a complete list of policies and guidelines on our website.
University of Wisconsin - Superior
Swenson Hall 2100
Belknap and Catlin Ave.
P.O. Box 2000
Superior, WI 54880
Technology Help Desk Hours:
7:45 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday
7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday – Friday