Individually Designed (Non-Comprehensive) Major
A minimum of 33 total major credits
The student must work with his/her advisor to develop the Individually Designed Major (non-comprehensive) program plan.
A maximum of three faculty need to be involved in the development and approval of the IDM plan if there are more than one discipline areas featured in the IDM plan.
- Students must take IDS 301 Individually Designed Major Planning course. This is an online, pass/fail, one credit course available to all students.
- Student must declare a minor or second major in a different subject area. The same courses cannot be used to meet the Individually Designed (non-comprehensive) major requirements as well as minor or second major requirements.
- A minimum of 18 credits must be in courses numbered 300 or higher.
- Plan of courses included on the IDM petition form must include a Capstone course.
- Student must have earned at least 43 credits prior to submitting the IDM petition form.
- Must submit (and have approved by the Credits and Student Reinstatement Committee) an Individually Designed major (non-comprehensive) petition form.
- The petition form must be developed in consultation with the student's advisor and at least one faculty member representing disciplines other than that of the advisor.
Additional Degree Requirements
- A minimum of 36 credits numbered 300 or higher
- A minimum of 30 credits earned at UW-Superior
- A resident GPA of at least 2.0 (UW-Superior courses only)
- A major GPA of at least 2.0 (all courses used to meet major requirements--including transfer courses)
- The last 12 credits for the degree must be earned at UW-Superior